“Personally, I have experienced a need for silent adoration which gives me strength, consolation and support. This Eucharistic Practice is the devotion of the saints."Pope John Paul IILetter on the Eucharist
“Behold the Heart which has so loved men that It has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love;— Jesus to St. Margaret Mary in Adoration
… I so ardently thirst to be loved in the Most Blessed Sacrament that this thirst devours Me.”
“Of all devotions, that of adoring Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest after the sacraments”St. Alphonsis of Liquori
Eucharistic Adoration Chapel of Saints Michael and Gabriel
Located at 3100 West 76th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80030
Founded by Fr. John Hilton, November 2001
We ask everyone in our faith community to participate in this very holy ministry by making an act of love through the offering of just one hour a week to Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament in our Adoration Chapel. Adoring our Lord in Eucharistic Adoration unleashes God’s grace for our lives, our families & loved ones, our clergy, parish, Church, and the whole world.
** Please include our Clergy, Vocations, Church in your Holy Hour intentions **
** Please see “Guidelines” tab for more information on Adoration, serving as a Committed Adorer and/or Substitute Adorer, Adorer Responsibilities, Chapel Open & Close (Exposition/Reposition) Procedure.
Entry Code Required Monday thru Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
** Registered adorers may request code; code is NOT to be shared with unfamiliar visitors.
* Adorers are NOT to open door during locked hours for unfamiliar visitors.
KEYCARD Required 5 am – 7 am | 8 pm – 10 pm.
* KEYCARDs will only be given to approved nighttime or early morning adorers.
* Adorers are NOT to open door during locked hours for unfamiliar visitors.
* For the safety of our adorers, entry code will NOT open door during night time hours (after 8pm).
Monday thru Friday:
7:00 am – 8:00 pm
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
** ENTRY CODE or KEYCARD Required **
Monday thru Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
** Hours Open to **
Committed Adorers WITH KEYCARDS
Sunday thru Friday: 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Thursday & Friday: 5:00 am – 7:00 am
** Please contact Adoration Coordinator
for admittance to locked hours.
Dedicated Holy Hours
Mothers of Lu
Holy Hour for vocations to the priesthood & consecrated life, every 3rd Thursday of the month at 7 pm in CHURCH.
Holy Hour for Life
Every 4th Sunday of the month at 3pm in CHURCH.
Rosary for the Astray, every 4th Monday of the month at 6:30 pm in Adoration Chapel. Do you have a family member who has abandoned their faith? Join us in praying for their conversion. Contact Tere Chichester 303.428.3594.
** WEATHER CLOSURES **
Chapel closures & schedule changes due to inclement weather will be posted at HTCatholic.WeAdoreHim.com.
All registered adorers will receive notification via their selected preference (text, email, phone) from our automated system.
PLEASE NOTE: If the chapel is remaining open during challenging weather conditions (low temps, snow, ice) and you feel it is unsafe to attend your Holy Hour under these conditions, please contact the Coordinator directly as soon as possible. It is the personal responsibility of each adorer to decide if it is reasonable and safe for them to attend their Holy Hour in consideration of current weather conditions.
EASTER / HOLY WEEK
Chapel Closes at 6:30 pm Holy Thursday through Easter Sunday; resumes regular schedule on Easter Monday at 7:00 am.
Thanksgiving Day only; closed all day.
Christmas Eve and Christmas day; closed all day both days.
Chapel is OPEN Dec. 26th through 30th
NEW YEAR’S EVE and NEW YEAR’S DAY
Chapel closed all day both days; resumes regular schedule on January 2nd.
INSTRUCTIONS for Chapel IPAD Check-In: ENGLISH / SPANISH
Adoration Guidelines: All Adorers
** Committed Adorers & Substitutes: Please read completely to bottom, thank you!
- Always notify Coordinator if Jesus was unattended when you arrived!
- Please check-in whether Committed, Substitute, or Guest and regardless of time you plan to spend.
- Turn off all cellular / electronic devices BEFORE entering chapel –please note, “vibrate” mode is NOT considered “off”.
- Reverence & respect for our Lord is of utmost priority, genuflect or deep bow when entering/exiting the presence of our Eucharistic King.
- Please enter quietly and pray in silence, avoid all unnecessary speaking.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed in the chapel.
- Modest attire is strongly encouraged.
- Do not enter the rail area unless authorized to do so.
- NEVER touch the monstrance.
- Thermostat / Windows: The temperature is set year round to 71 degrees, do not adjust thermostat or open windows; please dress appropriately for heat/cold.
- Please contact Adoration Coordinator and / or Parish Office (only available during office hours) for heat, maintenance, unattended chapel, and other issues
Fire / Disaster / Other
For Fire , Disaster, or other life threatening situations:
- Repose the Blessed Sacrament.
- Vacate Chapel
- Call 911 – if you do not have a cell phone locate someone who does.
- Remain outside until emergency crews have arrived and approved re-entrance.
For non-life threatening emergencies:
- Assess situation and make best judgement as to appropriate action.
- Call 911, Parish office, or Adoration Coordinator depending on situation.
Please include our Universal Church, Holy Father, priests & deacons, parishioners, and all past/present/future adorers in your prayers. Ask the Lord of the Harvest to increase His laborers! Adoration is the backbone of all success in serving & honoring the will of God! Please invite & encourage others to join in Eucharistic Adoration as Committed Adorers or substitutes.
There are many online resources outlining the beauty and grace of this very holy ministry. Here is just one: http://therealpresence.org/eucharst/pea/a2.html
Please see above tab “Chapel Hours” for regular chapel hours, public hours, and designated Holy Hours. Up-to-date schedules & closures will be posted at HtCatholic.WeAdoreHim.
** NOTE: Only Committed Adorers with a keycard may enter the chapel between the hours of 5am – 7am and 8pm – midnight. For security reasons, we ask Committed Adorers to not open door to knocking during these hours.
The chapel closes for certain holidays & inclement weather. Check bulletin, parish website, and HTCatholic.WeAdoreHim for up-to-date information. Chapel closures will be posted at HTCatholic.WeAdoreHim and all registered adorers will be notified. Never assume a closure; when in doubt, check the website or contact the Coordinator or parish office. Do not attempt to enter the chapel outside regular hours or during closures.
Standing Guard: Committed Adorers and Substitutes
Arrive on Time
- Please be in chapel no later than start of your committed hour; the preceding Committed Adorer (CA) must stay until you are present.
- Check-in on our IPAD as soon as you arrive (directions available in chapel).
- It is imperative that Jesus not be left alone; please remain in chapel for full hour and do not leave until the next hour’s Committed Adorer has arrived, even if there are other adorers present in the chapel.
My Hour is over
Has Not Arrived
- If able, please continue with Adoration until next CA arrives, even if other adorers are present.
- If unable to stay, you may ask a present adorer if they are willing & committed to stay until next CA arrives.
- Otherwise, before leaving chapel, call Coordinator. If unable to reach Coordinator, please call Assistant Coordinator or if within parish office hours, call the office.
- Always notify Coordinator if you found Jesus unattended, or if CA’s are absent.
Must Miss Your
Please provide a
- A Committed Adorer is a commitment to Jesus first; you are a vital part of this ministry. Please faithfully attend and be on time to your Holy Hour. Avoid all unnecessary cancellations; make every attempt to plan other activities & volunteer opportunities around your commitment to Jesus.
- If unable to make your Holy Hour, please make every effort to find a reliable substitute. If your substitute is unfamiliar with adoration, please review all necessary guidelines & procedures –stress importance of being on time & signing in as a “Substitute for” so previous CA’s know they may leave. It is best to lineup suitable substitutes and familiarize them with the guidelines before the need arises. Suggestions: spouse, sibling, adult child, parish or ministry friend.
- You may put out an automated substitute request through our online system WeAdoreHim. We suggest a minimum of 6 hours notice in using the automated substitute request.
Not able to obtain
a suitable substitute?
- NEVER assume that your CA partner(s), no matter how consistent, or “someone”, will be present.
- Did you make a substitute request through our online system WeAdoreHim? A minimum of 6 hours notice is required for the automated substitute request.
- Always notify the Coordinator if you will miss your Holy Hour & do not have a substitute arranged, even if it’s just prior to the start of your hour (emergency situation, inclement weather, etc); the Coordinator will arrange a substitute for you.
What to do when
are an issue for me ?
** WEATHER CLOSURES **
- Chapel closures & schedule changes due to inclement weather will be posted at HTCatholic.WeAdoreHim.com.
- All registered adorers will receive notification via their selected preference (text, email, phone) from our automated system.
- PLEASE NOTE: It is the personal responsibility of each adorer to decide if it is reasonable and safe for them to attend their Holy Hour in consideration of current weather conditions. If the chapel is remaining open during challenging weather conditions (low temps, snow, ice) and you feel it is unsafe to attend your Holy Hour under these conditions, please contact the Coordinator directly as soon as possible.
I am Unable
to Continue Serving
- You may change hours, add hours, or remove your commitment through our online automated system WeAdoreHim.
- As a courtesy, please notify Coordinator if you are unable to continue your commitment.
- Please return all keycards to parish office (these cost money; we can recycle them for other adorers!)
- We sincerely Thank You for your commitment!
Pray for Holy Vocations
Please offer One Holy Hour Per Month, or include in your Holy Hour intentions:
our Clergy (their intentions, protection, salvation, etc), Vocations, and Church